Thursday, July 8, 2010

Resolutions, June Update

Wow, this past month was so busy! Holidays and engagement (!), and vacations. I hardly had any time to pay any attention whatsoever to my resolutions. Darn shame....not that I was really doing anything with them to begin with! Ok, so enough of the year has passed that you may have ditched some resolutions (ahem, cooking and journaling) or have started new ones.

So here we go with my progress thus far:
 

1. Write in my journal- From last month, my journal is still sitting in my desk unopened and the pages are beginning to yellow. Maybe I should just take it home. I did come across a handy little journal called One Line A Day: A Five-Year Memory Book, where you write one line a day. It seems pretty nifty. Maybe I'll give it a whirl? Or do you think it will just be like my Keel's Simple Diary experience? Which to refresh your memory, has been written in maybe 10 times.




2. This is my year of savings- So, this year of savings will quickly be blown on a 5 hour event called a wedding. I've nearly emptied, not completely emptied, just took a large chunk, of  my savings account so far with starting a savings account for the wedding. The Fiance and I are paying for it ourselves, so every cent we earn counts. Yay for overtime and bonuses!




3. Lose 15lbs by May 1st- This past month changed A LOT! Yay me! Even before the proposal, I was starting to eat healthier and started going back to the gym. Now that I have a pretty little gem on my hand, I'm going on the regular. I've even subscribed to Self Magazine for some pointers and motivation. Have you ever read that magazine? I never gave it a look since I wasn't a gym rat, but after looking around on their website for the past month and borrowing copies from my future Sister-in-Laws I'm hooked! I'll be sure to share any knowledge I gain with you ladies! 
Do you have any tips for motivating yourself to go to the gym? Any pointers for eating less but not being hungry or tired?? Please dish!!




4. Learn to cook- Ya I ditched this one a few months back, but  have made a few summer recipes that I found last month. I'll be posting about them soon!  Also, my husband to be has begun to drop hints, not really even hints but flat out statements, about his fear of starving to death once we're married. I'll definitely have to register for some beginners cook books. Does it matter that I CAN cook, I just don't enjoy it?




5. To be more personal on this blog- I love so much sharing personal stuff with you guys! It's been so much fun for me. Thank you everyone who reads/comments/emails me! I appreciate each and every one of you, your messages really make my day and I've enjoyed getting to know you guys better and finding new blogs to follow. For any future posts, is there anything you'd like to see more of? Less of? Anything you'd like to know about me?



 
So, I'm not doing too too hot with my Resolutions, but I do feel refreshed and motivated with an upcoming wedding and the summer season. I'm hoping to make some progress on all of my resolutions, even the ones that have gone astray. Sorry for all of the wedding references above with the resolutions, I promise I won't become ALL wedding stuff All the time. Maybe just a few posts if you guys are interested... are you? are you? huh? Let me know!

So, how have you ladies been doing with your resolutions? Have you changed or modified any of them? Have you said sayonara to any? I hope each one of you are enjoying the summer and any changes that have come your way.

13 comments :

Amanda said...

I subscribe to Self and I love it! Only problem is once I start the Self challenge or implement things from there, I end up prego! haha So hopefully I'll be able to use it much more after this baby comes. Journal writing is REALLY hard for me so I feel your pain on that one! Keep up the good work!!

Unknown said...

whoa whoa — don't sell yourself short, i think you've made a ton of progress! you're getting to the gym, saving your income, etc. those are huge steps!!! definitely get the one-line-a-day book; i've been meaning to order one after i saw my friend's and it is so cute and practical for those of us who dream of writing daily but simply can't find the time or the resolve.

Leah said...

You are inspiring me to make my own resolutions! I really need to be better about this!

Kristen said...

Amanda- I hope I DO NOT become pregnant when I do the Self Challenge...at least for another 2 years anyway. Then maybe I'll get some of your fertility luck rubbed off on me! :) Journal writing is SO HARD, i'm so glad we're in the same boat!

Mackenzie- You're such a doll, thanks for your support!! The one-line-a-day book is kind of hard to find, i've checked out a few places (border's, vromans) and they don't carry it. maybe bc it's new?

Leah- Get on it girl! You can do it!

KP said...

You've actually done really well! Getting into the gym when you just aren't a gym person is a bit difficult. I would recommend subscribing to the Get Fit Guy podcasts from Quick and Dirty tips. I've also started listening to Podrunner interval podcasts in order to have some really clear beats per minute to set my pace while I'm on an elliptical. Also, there are some great short pilates and yoga videos that I've come across on iTunes as well. It has been a huge help getting me into working out. Shoot me a message if you want to hear more about them.

Jessica said...

Way to go on your resolutions! I LOVE your blog!!

Rebecca S. said...

hey girl,

just started following your blog. i love it! my resolutions aren't going too well. i am working too much (currently a broke college student), so i feel too tired to work out at night! i need some motivation! i actually just started reading women's health again to give me a kick in the butt. hope your weekend is going well! : )

-r

Jessica said...

I think you have a great balance going with all the different things you blog about, including personal stuff. Keep it up!
As for eating less, I find as I exercise with more intensity (not just longer, but HARDER) my desire for high calorie food diminishes. Now that I am running a lot, I'm not even tempted by candy and junk food! Crazy huh? So I would recommend eating more low calorie food (like veggies/fruits) then you will be full. Read "Intuitive Eating" by Evelyn Tribole, there's a website too. I think it's the best way to eat.

swissmiss8422 said...

I'd take what you learn in self and apply it to your life, but not follow exactly, the best way to eat is unprocessed, real food, in its true form :)

Im a huge ass health nut, who eats mostly pescatarian. The ideal way to fill up is first starting your meal with veggies, a salad or a bowl of romaine. then adding on lean protein ( ie. tilapia, mahi mahi, bass, shrimp, grilled chicken breast, salmon ) and then a healthy carb, like quinoa or brown rice! Quinoa is great because its high protein! -- The point of this is, by eating VOLUME food like veggies and fruit, you can eat more but have less calories.

and keep in mind, a 100 calorie snack bag of oreos is still oreos, trans fat and all :) :)

www.swissfit.wordpress.com/

swissmiss8422 said...

I'd take what you learn in self and apply it to your life, but not follow exactly, the best way to eat is unprocessed, real food, in its true form :)

Im a huge ass health nut, who eats mostly pescatarian. The ideal way to fill up is first starting your meal with veggies, a salad or a bowl of romaine. then adding on lean protein ( ie. tilapia, mahi mahi, bass, shrimp, grilled chicken breast, salmon ) and then a healthy carb, like quinoa or brown rice! Quinoa is great because its high protein! -- The point of this is, by eating VOLUME food like veggies and fruit, you can eat more but have less calories.

and keep in mind, a 100 calorie snack bag of oreos is still oreos, trans fat and all :) :)

www.swissfit.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Sweet website, I hadn't come across lovelipstickandpearls.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Keep up the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

This is a question for the webmaster/admin here at lovelipstickandpearls.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from your post above if I give a backlink back to your website?

Thanks,
Jack

Kristen said...

Jack- What information are you looking to use? Please email me at lovelipstickandpearls@ymail.com