Thursday, July 22, 2010

My First Wedding Post

Yay! So after debating with myself, then posting about it, and seeing your opinions, I've decided to do a wedding post. Thank you to everyone who commented and shared your thoughts, I really appreciate each and every one.

These posts will just be sprinkled in with my regular posts, Personal Mondays, Tuesday Reviews, Celeb Inspirations, Hot Man Parades, etc. they WILL NOT take center of attention. They may happen every other week or once a month. We'll see as my wedding day approaches.

Back to my post, I wanted to first start off with an overview of my wedding vision so you will have a reference for all the future posts.

-We'll be married next spring, May 7, 2011.
With this date, both of our birthdays and the wedding will all be in a two week period. Oh ya, and it's Mother's Day weekend. We would have liked an earlier date or later one in May, but none of the weekends worked out. The best part of this is that when we're older and have all kinds of vacation time, we can just take a two week vacation and celebrate the whole time

-We want our wedding to be a simple, relaxed affair for our guests with a picnic vibe to it.
We want a fun, casual, and intimate setting for everyone to enjoy. I'd love for every attendee to have a superb time and really enjoy themselves, the food, and the music. Nothing over the top, too formal, but still classy and elegant.

-Our colors are soft yellow and pink

-We will be having the ceremony and reception in my Aunt and Uncle's backyard.
I've always wanted to get married there and I'm so excited! They have a beautiful yard with a gorgeous pool with a waterfall, a poolhouse which will be used as the guest restrooms and gift table area, a U-shaped BBQ that will be used as the bar, and a basketball court that will be turned into a dance floor.

-Our bridal party is pretty large....8 on each side!
What can I say, we roll deep. Just kidding, we're blessed with amazing people in our lives and want to include as many of them as we can. I wish we could have more, but people keep telling me eight is out of control. LOL.

-The Fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves and our budget is $10K!!
So crazy for a wedding, but I know we'll be able to do it with the help of our family, creativity, and a glue gun. A lot of our friends and family have already offered to pitch in, so I know I'll be hosting plenty of craft days.

So that's my basics, I'll be sure to do future posts about dresses, centerpieces, decor, etc. as the planning continues. I pretty much know everything that I want, have gone over it with the Fiance to get his opinions, it's just getting it all coordinated and finding vendors.

Feel free to ask me anything, give me ANY advice for anything whatsoever, or any thoughts/comment/questions/or concerns you may have.

18 comments :

Anonymous said...

OH HOORAY! It sounds like your Aunt and Uncle's is going to be beautiful! You have a GREAT handle on everything already...I'm so impressed! I am so excited for you and so glad you decided to share!!! :o)

The Hamiltons said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile now and I know your sister and I grew up with your fiancé lol..small world...I def think you can pull off a wedding under 10k, we did it with
5k and it worked out great! Congrats and I cant wait to see more posts!

The Hamiltons said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile now and I know your sister and I grew up with your fiancé lol..small world...I def think you can pull off a wedding under 10k, we did it with
5k and it worked out great! Congrats and I cant wait to see more posts!

J. said...

Your aunt and uncles sounds gorgeous! My best friend is just starting to plan her wedding, and I had no idea how much really went into everything!

love jenny xoxo said...

I just found your blog and I got married last summer so it was fun reading your plans! It sounds like it is going to be beautiful!!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

10k is great! I think if I was paying for my own wedding- I would just elope & take a killer honeymoon. ha! good for you!!!

Welcome said...

Love your blog....I just found it! Stop by sometime and say hi!!

XOXO
Kiki

Jen said...

So glad you listened to our advice!! Yay to wedding posts! And a 10k budget... you're going to have some fun with that!! Yes, it'll go fast but you'll have so much fun with this. We're here to help! :-)

Kristen said...

Kristin- Thank you so much! Their backyard is gorgeous, I'm really excited about having everything there.

The Hamiltons- Thanks for reading! WHat a small world!

Jammer- Thanks! It's so ridiculous all of the planning that goes into a wedding. I planned a lot of events for my sorority, but a wedding is a whole new ball game.

Jenny- Thanks for reading! Congrats on your wedding as well!

Kennedy- The Fiance and I have definitely thought about eloping, going to the court house, etc. but I'd die not to have my friends and family there. Great idea though!

Kiki- Thanks girlie!

Jen- Thank you so much! 10K is so small, but I'm sure we'll be able to pull it off. Finding quality vendors for a good price has been my biggest grief at this point, but the search continues. Thanks for your help!

Rebecca S. said...

Yay! I LOVE LOVE LOVE details about wedding planning.. feel free to share future info : ) Wish you the best with planning everything!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more as you plan :)

Tiffany said...

Loved hearing about your ideas! How fun to have it in your Aunt/Uncle's backyard! Can't wait for more!

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for you!! YAY! Can't wait to hear more about it as the day approaches.

Jessica said...

Sounds great! I am sure it will be beautiful. Let me know if I can help. I know I live far away... but I could do something!

Kristen said...

Rebecca- Thank you so much! Most posts will be coming!

Teaching, Tiffany & Jessica- Thank you! I'm so excited!

Jessica- Thank you so much, you're so sweet to offer! I'll be sure to keep you in the loop!

Lyndsy said...

Love the colors! So exciting that you have set a date and found your location! I am sure it will be a fab affair! Can't wait to see future updates!

Unknown said...

Love the theme and colors!! I have 7 on my side and 6 on his, so I totally get the whole "we have a lot of people" thing....you can totally do a weddding with your budget. Our budget is 15K and I have done pretty much everything myself!!! So trust me, it is totally doable and in my opinion, so much more worth it! You will get to see every creative idea come together and appreciate it even more! Have fun!!

Christine H. said...

You are so savvy you probably have already seen this, but the bloggers at Young House Love did a beautiful backyard wedding for under $4,000. With your style and elegance I am sure yours will be even more amazing :)
http://www.younghouselove.com/wedding-album/

P.S. all of your XO sisters are so proud of you!