Thursday, June 24, 2010

How Ladies Rock their Cropped Locks

I LOVE short hair, I had it all through high school then on and off throughout college. Everytime I see a new short look my insides urge me to chop mine off- I mean that's what extensions are for right? I have since made my hairdresser Nicole swear on her soul not to let me chop my hair until after I get married because there's no way I could grow my tresses out fast enough.


With the new pixie cut trend coming on full force I wanted to show some pictures of how these lovely ladies have been wearing it out:


All gussied up:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket 





Casual-
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Although there's not much room for play, I think the girls are doing a great job of the versatility this cut offers. Playing with how it's parted and the hair's texture the girls have been able to distinguish a difference between their everyday style and a dressed up one. I can't wait to see one of them rock it spiked, kind of mohawked like Rihanna, curled, and styled with accessories.

Michelle's cut is my favorite, it's such a soft look and a little bit longer than Hayden's or Jessica's, giving her more options to style. Hayden's looks best brushed back wtih no part accentuating her beautiful face. I like Jessica's best when she has it parted and soft like the picture in the white top.

With the previous posts about the ladies new cuts (here, here, and here), everyone seemed about 50/50 or liked it on the celebs, but not for themselves.How do you guys feel about the styles? Do you prefer long or short hair? Have you ever had short hair?

12 comments :

Anonymous said...

I like the short do's but I am not bold enough to do it. I went short about a year and a half ago and freaked out....i too have a vow from my stylist not to cut it until after I get married (and not even engaged, but you never know when it could happen).

Day Old News said...

A friend once said my long hair was part of my identity. I had short hair once, but it's been really long for years now. I look better with long hair, but love playing with the color.

Julie Leah said...

Hi, little lady! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. So sweet of you :)

I think when it comes to hair it's all about the person. I think some people (the lucky ones) can pull off all different hair styles, long and short. For me, though, I look better with medium to long hair. Right now my hair is somewhere in between and I'm letting my bangs grow out- which is brutal!

Happy Thursday! xoxo

VP said...

I lopped off my hair once and I vow to never do it again, only because it took ages to grow out. In May, I had my hair the longest it's ever been, which is mid back, but I cut off 5 inches, so now it's a few inches past my shoulders. Hayden's hair cut makes me want to chop it all off again though!

Jessica said...

I think short hair looks great on some people, but its not for me. The shortest I'll go is right at/above the shoulders. My face is too round for carrying it off.

Anonymous said...

Wanted to also let you know I love the blog! Check out mine...I gave you an award!

Anonymous said...

Ha you took the words right out of my mouth with why Michelle's is your favorite!! I don't have the guts to pull off this look but they all look great!

Karli Anderson said...

I'm not a fan of these short looks. Hayden's long hair was so beautiful! She kinda looks like a boy now. Jessica looks pretty though. I'm surprised you didn't include a picture of Rihanna's do. Hers is always looking fierce!!

Unknown said...

i think there are definitely girls who can pull this off but i can't help but feel that hayden panettiere is not one of them. i hate that slicked back helmet look she's been rocking!

Unknown said...

p.s. that said, michelle williams has never looked better. she blew it out of the water at cannes!

Kristen said...

Ya, I think long hair compliments just about everyone and is the easiest to pull off. Short hair, especially cropped like these ladies takes guts!

Karli- I thought about including Rihanna, but she always has short hair and these girls just recently cut theirs off and I did posts about it, so it was kind of an update.

Mackenzie- I don't like it slicked back or parted a la Conan style much, I like it best how she has it in the first pic where it's all back but there's volume in the front.

Jessica said...

I figure I should keep my hair long until I am as old as the hills and have to cut it short. But these ladies look great! I am too chicken.