Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wedding Post: My Hair

I have just a few weeks left before the wedding. OMG. I've been in freak-out mode for a few weeks/months now and I'm not sure if it's getting worse or better. Almost everything is taken care of, but I'm still worried about everything coming together. I know that it won't be perfect, and I'm okay with that. There's going to be something that I didn't plan for, something that won't be exactly what I wanted and I've come to terms with that. It's just life, no one else will (hopefully) notice or even know that something amiss.


The one thing that I definitely do not want to be amiss is my damn hair. Sorry for the curse word. I've known for a long time I wanted to wear my hair down, I'm just not an updo kind of person. I want to look like me on my wedding day. A glamorous me that is. I'm wearing 18" of extensions and have a feathery clip for my hair as well. Here's my inspiration for my hair, let me know your thoughts and ideas! I'm open to everything (but updos). I'm having my hair trial next week and would love your opinions!



I love these brides loose waves, very natural and care-free
 

These curls are so flirtatious!
 

These are the only styles I've found where some of the hair is up that I like. I love the volume in Hillary Duff's do and both of their face-framing pieces make me swoon.

Let's be real, Carrie's hair is always fab fab fab.

Ok girls, what's your thoughts/suggestions? Which styles do you like best? Are there some I should combine? Spill!

16 comments :

Anonymous said...

im so happy youre considering wearing it down. i think you're exactly right when you say you want to look like yourself on your big day because obviously that is who your man fell in love with (which takes me back to that dang show bridalplasty...and they get to walk down the aisle looking like other people...not themselves!).

i love the half up like hilary duff. but i love them all!

and im glad you reposted the feather pictures from your last post! i like them...just don't know if i could pull it off. but DAMN...do your sister and you look ALIKE!

Anonymous said...

Love miss duff with the poof!

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

yum... Hilary's hair is SO delicious! you do want to look like your self, but with a little twist. I LOVE the half up hair, and I'm not usually a fan.

Anonymous said...

a lot of people say that you shouldn't go to extreme so you don't look back and freak out haha. your ideas are great! love the down with curls/waves

Ruthie said...

I love the one of Carrie on the bottom left. I love the half up with lots of height!

Kerr said...

oh my gosh this is so hard! I can never decide how to wear my hear when I am in a wedding, much less being the bride! But I will try...my favorite that I have done so far is half up with loose romantic curls all over. I always wear my hair down and am not an updo person but the half up style helps me keep my hands off my hair and focused on the more important things going on!

Anonymous said...

I think the Hilary hair is my favorite!!! :)

Elle said...

I love hilary's hair! You still have the length and curls, yet you have volume and a little something going on too. So cute! I'm sure whatever you choose to do will look incredible :)

Michelle said...

I LOVE Carrie's hair. I also like the girl next to Blake Lively (in the middle). I like the curls with a few pieces pulled back.

Marian said...

Hands down, Carrie Underwood. Her hair is always so flawless!

Unknown said...

I like Hilary's hair. I think the half up with volume would look nicer with a veil than just down. Plus, it would probably be more convenient at the reception to not have your hair falling in your face constantly!

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

I love the idea of the long and loose look. It's natural, lovely and so sexy without looking like you're even trying. It reminds me of Jennifer Anistons photos when she married Brad.

But....sometimes the long and loose look can be high maintenance. If your hair tends to go flat or take on a life of its own, a partial up/down combo would be safe and still gorgeous.

The Lambert's said...

I love love love Carrie's hair in the second to last pic for bridal hair! It is just so classic and elegant! Your hair reminds me of Carrie's hair, always perfect!

Tani A. said...

My vote is in for the Flirtatious ones and the last Carrie's hair. Good Luck! :)

Mel {The Oceanside Bride} said...

Have always loved Carrie's hair, but they're all so good! Would love to hear how your hair trial goes. I'm having one too because I have long and thick hair that I've never loved and want it to be perfect on my big day!! This is great inspiration though for me b/c I need to start thinking about it. =)

Wedding Decorations Gold Coast said...

Getting your wedding hairdo right for your wedding is not something you will do overnight. Time and effort is required to be sure that you have the wedding hairdo that both suits you on the day and is comfortable. Here are 7 tips on how to prepare your hair for your wedding day - so read on and enjoy.