Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Say It Isn't So!

Photobucket

Disney has approached Tim Burton to do a live action remake of Sleeping Beauty!! Can you believe it?? Aurora has always been my favorite Disney princess and favorite classic love story.

That being said...I don't know how I feel about it being remade....especially by Tim Burton. Can't Disney just leave perfection alone? I just hope Tim Burton sticks to the story and doesn't go off on a tangent with it.
 
Angelina Jolie is said to be up for the role of Maleficent and I haven't heard of any of casting rumors.
Have you heard anything about it? Who would your dream cast be?
 
Here's my list for possible actors (which was really hard to think of BTW):
 
Aurora- Blake Lively, Claire Danes, Dakota Fanning, Amanda Seyfried, Evan Rachel Wood
Prince Phillip- Zak Efron, Alexnder Skarsgard, Eric Bana, Emile Hirsch
The Fairy Godmothers; Flora, Fauna & Merryweather- Helen Mirren, Glenn Close, Julie Andrews, Rosie O'Donnell 
Queen- Meryl Streep, Susan Sarandon,
King Stefan-Liam Neeson, Daniel Day Lewis
Maleficent- Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman 
 

3 comments :

Jessica said...

Aurora is my niece's favorite Disney princess too! She calls every princess with blond hair "Aurora" its cute :) I am not crazy about a Tim Burton remake...

Dacia said...

I almost always hate remakes, but I might like this one! I heard that it's going to be called "Malificent" and will be the story told from her point of view. I liked the renaissance style in the first movie, so I hope Tim Burton finds inspiration in that. Should be interesting. Did you see Alice in Wonderland?

Nado Queenie said...

I think it was ok for Tim to touch Alice in Wonderland because that was a crazy movie to begin with, but Sleeping Beauty? I hope not, I love the Disney movie as is.