Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Want! I Want! Spring 2010 Fashion


With Spring less than 30 days away I thought I'd do some spring and summer trends to get us ready! This post is for fashion, but one for beauty is on its way! Here are some looks I'm really into this year and will be big this season.

Not all of this is in my price budget, but here are some items I'm keeping my eye out for when I go shopping. I like to cut out pictures and keep a list in my phone of items to add to my closet that will work with clothes I already have (gotta keep my savings resolution in line!) so I know what I need/want and don't just randomly buy stuff I'll only wear once.
Photobucket
Marc by Marc Jacobs "Flash- Leola" Hobo

If you see any knock-offs, please message me! I'm in love with this purse, but can't justify the price tag. Jen from The Look 4 Less has already sent me some cute inspired by bags, thanks again you're such a doll! Spring time is fun for accessories because color is always in. Having a Bright Bag is a great touch to any outfit and can definitely transform your outfit. Nude Purses (well anything neutral really)and Drawstring Bucket Bags will also be a huge hit this summer as well.

Photobucket
Michael Kors Resin Bracelet Watch

White is huge every summer and spring and I love how great White and Bright watches look. They match everything and add a touch of chicness to any outfit.
Photobucket
Tiffany & Co, Elsa Peretti Open Heart Hoop Earrings

Hoop earrings are a must! They look great year-round, but the warm weather always inspires me to wear more eye-catching accessories. Have you ever noticed how men love hoop earrings? I think it's so funny! I saw these on Anne Hathaway in this month's InStyle magazine and just fell in love with them! Honey, if you're reading this, my birthday is coming up soon!

Photobucket
Forever 21 Bangle

GG stylist, Eric Daman, said Chunky Bracelets will be the next statement piece, so load your arm up!

Photobucket
Nine West Getby

This season cork wedges will be everywhere, not that they aren't in every year, but they were all over the catwalks in fall so expect to see them. I find it really hard to find wedges that are 4" or less (making me 6 ft tall!), so I quickly nabbed these ones last week when I saw they were only 31/2 inches. I should be getting them tomorrow, just in time for the weekend! Shoes are always a great way to also add color to your outfit, but I prefer tan/nude because they go great with all skintones and make your legs look extra looooong.
Photobucket
Halston Heritage Cocktail Dress

Orange anyone? I love this feminine dress with Ruffles in a this season's hot color! Wear it with some nude heels and add a bright bag like blue or yellow and you're ready to dance all night. This one is a double whammy with the grecian One Shoulder look which is going to be uberly trendy this season. Plus, toning up your arms is said to be the easiest thing to see results (note to self: start hitting the gym!).
Photobucket
Telegraph Avenue Dress

Boho looks are still going strong too. I don't usually wear a lot of prints, but do like this style (think Vanessa Hudgens) so I'm going to try and break out of my mold this year.
Photobucket
Halston Heritage V-Neck Dress

Awww, the classic white dress. This is the one we've seen SJP wearing in the SATC 2 preview pics. Just remember to wear something under like a slip to keep it from being see-through!
Photobucket
Target's Xhilaration Floral Romper

Florals and onesies/rompers/jumpers whatever you want to call them is also a must have. I searched everywhere for a cute romper last year and couldn't find any cute affordable ones, but I've seen them a lot so far this season. I bought this one last week and can't wait for warm weather so I can bust it out. The only downside is using the restroom, so make sure you find a easy/comfortable one.
Photobucket
Hudson "Carly" Jeans

Anyone can wear white bottoms, you just need to pay attention to the material and cut. See this post for some hints on finding great jeans.
Photobucket
Alternative Apparel Crop Top

90210 is coming back with a vengeance on style. It's so funny to see 80s and 90s shows/movies and see that everything they're wearing is in style (but thankfully, updated). This month's People Style Watch had a feature with the hit 90s show's style and celebrities rocking the looks now. I just bought a crop top from Forever 21 and since I definitely do not have a flat toned stomach, I've worn it with a cute tank underneath and it looked really good- at least I was told so. Maybe with my NY Resolution I'll be able to ditch the tank by summer (probably not with my genes, but I can definitely work for the goal)!

Photobucket
Old Navy Chambray Boyfriend Shirt
Chambray is back! Wouldn't this top look cute with some white shorts, tan belt, bright bag, and some sandals? I can't wait to wear this look!

Other hot trends I didn't include is Blue- laguna, aqua, turquiose, Fringe, Mini- shorts, dresses, and skirts will definitely stay short this season, Clogs- my favorite shoe from the 7th grade is back in style, but luckily a LOT cuter, and Digital Prints- fabrics with loads of color and a mix of patterns that are well blended.

What are you keeping your eye out for? What trends are you excited to wear/see? Did I leave anything out? Will you be wearing any of these trends?

6 comments :

Amanda said...

Very cute stuff!! I have hoop earrings and a silver purse already, woo-hoo! haha

Coley said...

Cute picks! I own the ON chambray shirt - it looks great with white or black jeans...

Jessica said...

I want a boho dress, I saw one at Target today and almost bought it but chickened out, but now that it has YOUR approval I think I will go get it! :) I totally want those nude sandals you put up too, so cute!

Kristen said...

Amanda- Don't you just LOVE when you have stuff already in your closet that you can wear?? It's almost like winning the lottery (almost).

Coley- Thanks! There's an ON by my work, so now that I know it fits cute, I'll have to stop by!

Jessica- You always look cute! Just buy the dress and if you don't wear it in 2 weeks take it back, that's always my rule of thumb.

Thanks for the comments ladies, I love hearing from all of you!

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Lyndsy said...

Love the Michael Kors watch!