Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Orange Crush

Photobucket

Here's Amber Valetta at the premiere of The Spy Next Door rocking a hot mini and I've heard that orange will be a new "it" color for summer and I'm all for it! Orange is such a fun vibrant color and I think it's time it gets a little bit more attention. A few years ago, all I wanted was a fun orange dress for my sorority's semi-formal, I looked everywhere for an orange dress, but to no avail- it just wasn't a hot color at that time. So, I did what any fashion forward girl would do and I designed and had a dress made. It has to be my favorite dress I ever wore! It fit perfect and made me stand out and was so much fun to dance in....until I had a fashion mishap anyways.

Here's a pic of my dress from that night back in 2007:
Photobucket


You might think that orange isn't for you, but don't pout just yet! Everyone can wear a shade of orange, you just need to find one that fits your skin tone and hair color.
Here are some examples of gorgeous ladies all rocking different shades of orange:
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
As you can see, these ladies looked great in both bright and light orange colors, regardless of skin tone or hair color. The key to pulling off orange is finding the right tone, whether it has a pink or golden undertones. Don't know your skin tone? Which color looks best on you, gold or silver? If gold looks best, you have a warm skin tone and can pull off the more vibrant orange colors. If silver looks best, you have a cool skin tone, lean more towards the yellow hued if you have light hair or the orange-brown colors if you have darker hair. If you're too shy to go all out, try an orange bag, scarf, or headband to add some color to your outfits.
How do you feel about orange? Do you wear a lot of it? Are you looking to wear it this summer?


4 comments :

Coley said...

I'm not the biggest orange fan...but I do like a nice pop of the vibrant hue in the summer months!

Life,Styled said...

I am loving the orange for spring and summer. I do agree - if you find the right shade everyone can wear! Thanks for commenting on my blog - finally figured out the whole comments section! I soooo appreciate your feedback.

kristi
lunaandchloe.com

Amanda said...

I think orange is gorgeous, but I do not own anything orange because I always thought it looked bad on me. It must be that I just picked the wrong color orange!!

Dacia said...

Cute dress!! I'm crazy about orange! I love the deep burnt orange colors in the fall and bright corals in the spring/summer months. :)